NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Celica more then a year ago... changed exhaust.... and stoped wasting my $$$.

There are some cars just not ment to be fast - and Celica is one of those cars. This car is embarrassingly SLOW (I got GTS - automatic). I was thinking about getting a supercharger for around $5000.

###I made some math:###

my car current value is around 15,000 + 5,000 supercharger kit (that is a MUST for Celica) + new wheels 17' or 18', and some other parts = ca. $24,000.

For that money (and a low payments) I can buy WRX or Evo.... and those cars will smoke Celi on a reverse.

Hopefuly in a few monts I will be able to trade my "girls-car" and get something decent.

Regarding racing... I used to have a 2.0 supercharged Alfa Romeo 145 and Celica looks like a little lonley baby when compared.

To sum it up, I must say I am very dissapointed with Toyota. As my friend once said: - that car only looks fast!

What do you think?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think that perhaps an automatic GT-S (the slowest of the 7th gen Celicas) is not the best car on which to base you opinions on the Celica's performance.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Toyota never meant for the Celica to be a drag strip racer. It's handling and braking are its strengths. Remember, a Hotchkis equipped Celica beat an Evo on a road course with just coilovers and sways, an exhaust, tires, and upgraded front brakes. The car was only making around 165-170whp.

Besides, why waste money buying a Evo when you can buy an SRT-4? You'll save a ton of money to be able to build an insane motor to smoke Evos and WRXs, and still have money leftover (especially if you buy a used one ;) ). :rolleyes:
Originally posted by LeftOnRed
I think that perhaps an automatic GT-S (the slowest of the 7th gen Celicas) is not the best car on which to base you opinions on the Celica's performance.
:werd:
GT-S auto = slowest 7th gen Celica.

·
Registered
11 Posts
nlsqba said:

There are some cars just not ment to be fast - and Celica is one of those cars. This car is embarrassingly SLOW (I got GTS - automatic).

Hopefuly in a few monts I will be able to trade my "girls-car" and get something decent.
Girls car? Are you sure you arent a girl. You talk about racing and performance cars but then you buy an automatic and complain it is slow???NO ****

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
importcelica said:
:werd: also 18 are not for racing, and supercharger sucks. you should try a turbo kit and 6 speed transmition

:werd:

·
Registered
903 Posts
get a used porsche and smoke them all

·
Registered
313 Posts
I originally bought my manual GT-S because I wanted economy (gas mileage), looks, and some performance. Now that the car is paid off Im disappointed in 2 things, aftermarket support, and insurance rates. I never imagined this car would ever make the top 10 most expensive cars to insure list. Anyways, I understand where your coming from, definitely save your cash and move onto a car with more potential. (sounds like your frustrated enough) Myself, Im going to drive the car until it blows up, in the meantime, Im going to pick from the lesser of evils in the celica part aftermarket.

I just wanted to add I have a good friend who has your exact philosophy, he isnt dropping another dime into the car until he has a car with true potential.

CF

·
Registered
99 Posts
ColdFuzion said:
Now that the car is paid off Im disappointed in 2 things, aftermarket support, and insurance rates.
Maybe I'm unique, but the insurance rate I got for my Celica is lower than the four other cars I was looking at buying.

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
why would you buy and automatic then complain about it not being fast enough? Some people on here have a 6 spd gts, with basic bolt ons and a power FC, and they seem to have really good power. for a naturally aspirated engine.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
The celica is a great car. Where the car lacks in power, it more than enough makes up with handling. The car also comes with nice amenities as well. I wouldnt say its exacty a racing car, but yet a fun car to drive with alittle treat for yall at 6k :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
YEAH YEAH!!! i just got a GTS 6 speed and im loving it!!!! it handle so GOOD!! does anyone know how does it compare with the ITR handling?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Originally posted by LeftOnRed
The ITR is going to handle better than the Celica as well as be faster in the quarter mile. [/QUOTE

What about modded ITR vs Moded celica .Can a celica out perform or out handle a ITR ,Just wondering ????

Sinc:Kenny Heiser

]

1 - 20 of 82 Posts