NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
I've read and done the searches and I think I've narrowed which one I'm going to get. I was just wondering if you could confirm this for me.

I am planning on getting the innovate lc-1 due to the fact that it has datalogging capabilities on the laptop through LogWorks2 and it can log and show real time afr's. I don't plan on using a gauge at this time.

My other options were the plx m-300 and the aem uego. After looking at both it seems as though the aem uego isn't too reliable when it comes to datalogging on a laptop. From the main site of the plx series, it says that it can't datalog.

So in conclusion, would the lc-1 be the best out of the three for my needs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
980 Posts
If you don't go with a gauge, then go LC-1. You will only regret it if you change your mind and want a gauge later since they charge quite a bit for the damn thing.
The AEM would be my first choice if I wanted something with a gauge because of the excellent price it sells for.
In the end I personally picked the LC-1 because of the price and since I use my laptop for AFR monitoring while tuning.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,200 Posts
WhiteCeli65 said:
I wasn't too sure, but can the aem do both datalog on a laptop and real time monitor the afr?
Yes, there are two outputs: a 5v programmable out, which people run to the Datalogit, and an RS-232 out. I don't know of anyone using that, but you technically can log with Hyperterminal or something on a laptop. The data it would give would be pretty raw and hard to work with though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
damn due to the fact that i'm running the sf fuel manage system, i don't think the split second has data log capabilities. LC-1 with a gauge is the way to go i guess unless you guess beg to differ....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,200 Posts
WhiteCeli65 said:
damn due to the fact that i'm running the sf fuel manage system, i don't think the split second has data log capabilities. LC-1 with a gauge is the way to go i guess unless you guess beg to differ....
The LC-1 with XD-1 gauge display is WAY more expensive than an AEM UEGO and not a good deal.

The data logging you're talking about is basically hyperterminal and not very good. If you're setting up logging like that, you should also tap into the crank position wire and pull a second feed for rpm. That way you can log AFR and rpm, and at least you'll know what you're looking at.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jesse IL said:
The LC-1 with XD-1 gauge display is WAY more expensive than an AEM UEGO and not a good deal.

The data logging you're talking about is basically hyperterminal and not very good. If you're setting up logging like that, you should also tap into the crank position wire and pull a second feed for rpm. That way you can log AFR and rpm, and at least you'll know what you're looking at.
hmm...thanks jesse. You've given me something to think about. I guess I'll have to rethink this one.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,200 Posts
The gauge is also nicer than you think. What you can do with the AEM is install it in the sunglass cubby (cut a hole in the back for the wires). If you want to see what your AFR is, pop it open and look. Especially if you're running a turbo, you want to be able to keep tabs on the AFR. My main problem with the LC-1 is that I don't want to hook up a laptop to see my AFR. Also, the watch in FC Edit is slow to respond compared with the AEM display.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,732 Posts
Yep the AEM does allow logging on a laptop nicely and is pretty cheap too ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jesse IL said:
The gauge is also nicer than you think. What you can do with the AEM is install it in the sunglass cubby (cut a hole in the back for the wires). If you want to see what your AFR is, pop it open and look. Especially if you're running a turbo, you want to be able to keep tabs on the AFR. My main problem with the LC-1 is that I don't want to hook up a laptop to see my AFR. Also, the watch in FC Edit is slow to respond compared with the AEM display.
FC Edit? Are you referring to the powerfc? Or is that the program aem uses for datalogging on a laptop?

Reason I ask is that I'm not running the powerfc or the emanage.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top