NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I had that same exact problem. It's got to do something with the shift fork. It's a rare problem as I've never heard of anyone else have this until now. But I guess it can happen. Go take it to the dealer and tell them it's a shift fork being dry. My dealer found out after like 6 tries. The problem goes on and off sometimes, but still there and mostly during the morning and night, right? Try to get it to the dealer when the noise is occuring. The dealer can lube it from the outside but it won't do much, so make sure that they lube the inside, which requires them to take out the entire tranny. They tried it from the outside the first time, but the noise came back the very next day. If they won't do it by dropping the tranny, drop me a PM and I'll give you all the info as much as I can and even my dealer's number so your dealer can have a nice talk with mine.

Peter

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.