NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get ADR kasai's in 18x8 with 225/35/18 tires. Will they rub? ((The guy at my local import shop says yes, but my friends say no... So I come to you guys!)) Thanks, all opinions welcome, individual experience appreciated.

Fools716

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
225/35/18 will rub if u lowered...if ur not, and get those rims, ull really want to be lowered

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
3-1...hmmmm.... anyone know from experience... Also, if I only drop it an inch to an inch and a half, would it rub?

·
Registered
910 Posts
hey rednosceli your car looks awsome,one of the best ive seen........

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
RedNOSceli said:
225/35/18 will rub if u lowered...if ur not, and get those rims, ull really want to be lowered
This guy's wrong. I have 18x8 with 225/35-18 tires on my car (35 offset wheels) on Progress springs and no rubbing.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jesse, THANK YOU!!! I feel much better! I'm gunna order the lowering springs first thing tomorrow! Thanks! RedNos told me his car was lowered like over 2 inches, so that might explain why there was rubbing.. I'm only going 1.4, so I guess I'll be okay... ((phew)) what a load off!

Thanks again to all of you!

·
Registered
295 Posts
One thing to realize, you can't make a direct comparison with what Jesse said. His wheels are +35 offset which is going to stick out toward the fender more giving him more room on the inside of the wheel... while the Kasai is a +42 offset. I have 215/35 and don't rub at all dropped with TRD Springs, but like I've told you before I'm not positive about 225... So will those 7mm make a difference on the inside of the tire rubbing on the plastic, possibly, but I don't know.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i have 18x8 with 225/40 tires, it didn't rub the fender, but it rubs the inner linings when turn my steering all the the way to either side, besides that, it's all fine! make sure you get a least 35 offset though

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Jesse IL said:

This guy's wrong. I have 18x8 with 225/35-18 tires on my car (35 offset wheels) on Progress springs and no rubbing.
actually, let me correct my self....

I had 225/40/18's with ground controls all the way down in the front, which is like 3 inches. Yes it rubbed. You think im making this sh*t up?

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
GC's I believe you. And with +35 offset on my wheels, you would swear it will hit the fender on the outside, but it doesn't. If I stick my hand behind the wheel, I can get the width of my fingers behind it. I'd worry about putting +42 wheels on there. With 18x8 and 225/35 tires, I'd say you would be safe in the 35-40 range.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
where did u get that idea? I have no clue what they were, i never asked... They fit thats all that mattered to me....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts