NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Best User
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am planning on doing a 2zz swap. i want to get the car ready to the point that i can just quick drop in the 2zz one weekend because it is my daily. my 1zz is running like shit right now (thats y i am planning a 2zz swap) and needs to be tuned. would it work? i know a 1zz pfc wont work on a 2zz because of lift, but could i just turn lift off or even download a 1zz map?

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
first off OP how do you plan on tuning a 1ZZ that is running bad? and to answer your question in theory it might run a 1ZZ but it will require some serious tuning.

·
The Best User
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it started running bad after I remover the cat. I don't have any check engine lights. I did the double defouler and reset the Ecu last week. I've driven more than a hundred miles and still no cels. I thought it was a exhaust leak do I swapped the donut gasket. The old one was destroyed. It has been running slightly better but there is still something wrong. So I think it might be a/f ratio

·
Registered
377 Posts
Well it started running bad after I remover the cat. I don't have any check engine lights. I did the double defouler and reset the Ecu last week. I've driven more than a hundred miles and still no cels. I thought it was a exhaust leak do I swapped the donut gasket. The old one was destroyed. It has been running slightly better but there is still something wrong. So I think it might be a/f ratio
If removing your cats made it run bad then put them back. Unless your engine is super modded and super boosted there's really no reason to remove them, unless they're bad. In which case I'd replace them.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

·
The Best User
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea it was bad. and it would cost just as much to replace it as it would to buy a used pfc or a new piggyback and tune it. also im pretty sure ill have to swap the exhaust when i put the 2zz in so it would be a waste.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
I was about to say, fix it right, but keep the cat away if you are looking for any performance. But then, you have a gt. No point into running no cat then, other than it's cheaper. Not worth the extra pollution.

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
But then, you have a gt. No point into running no cat then, other than it's cheaper. Not worth the extra pollution.
That's got to be the nicest insult to a 1zz that I've ever heard! lol, you sounded so sincere - the delivery was brilliant. Paul Mooney would have said something like that... :chuckles:

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
yea it was bad. and it would cost just as much to replace it as it would to buy a used pfc or a new piggyback and tune it.
Then you're buying the wrong replacement cat and/or paying way too much to have it installed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts