NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've sat in the Celica a few times at the dealership.. its a pretty tight fit for me since I am 6'3.

So can any of you taller drivers give me some feedback about how the fit of the Celica is for the long run?

·
Registered
767 Posts
If you want more room go with another car. The reason i got a celica was the inside. i sit in a rsx type s didn't even want to test drive it. my friend had a celica the first time i sit in it i wanted this car. i should of thought about power( wish the celica came with 200 something horses). but you will not find any other car like a celica. people that own a celica knows what-sup.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm 6'1, and I don't have any problems with my car. Leg room can be a pain sometimes, but even still it's not uncomfortable. The seats are more comfortable stock than any other car I've ever sat in. When I sat down in the car, the first thing I said is, "omg these seats are so comfortable and the interior is badass!" I left the lot with the car, not knowing horsepower or anything.

You shouldn't have a problem, it's so comfortable when I just need to get out of the house and relax I'll go sit in the car and listen to music... or go drive around town just taking it easy. I wouldn't have settled for another car.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
To be honest, the Celica isn`t the most comfortable to sit in and drive. Howeve you get used to it and it`s not too bad after you fine tune the seat to your liking.

On small problem I do find is the pedals. The gas pedal seems a bit too close. If you move the seat back slightly to compensate, then the clutch pedal seems to far away. You have to find a happy medium.

I`m 5`7" .

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am looking at the Celica GT 5-speed without the moonroof in case anybody is wondering.

I think it would be a pretty nice car for commuting to college. Especially because of the fuel efficiency and ease of parking :)

But I am not sure if I will be able to handle the size of the interior. I mean, sitting in the car for 15 minutes at the dealership is very different from driving it everyday.

My friend had a 00 GTS with the moonroof and I sat fine in that one, actually a very good fit. It seems like some Celicas have more room than the other hehe, so I think theres just a niche in finding a right seat position.

Are the seats the same in the GT and GTS? Like reclining features?

Any other feedback from tall drivers would be highly appreciated!

·
Registered
803 Posts
i drive the celica to commute to school!

well... anyways, the only thiing i dont like is the road noise on the freeway (on bad roads). even playing music doesn't help much. and lowering the car doesn't help either. but i guess it gives you that whole race car feel. just some things to keep in mind before you purchase. :)

to answer your questions.. seats have the same features on the GT and GT-S. you can get cloth or leather. and if you get a moonroof, you'll have less space and your car will be slightly heavier.

·
Registered
9 Posts
6.4 here... Of cource my driver seat is all way back. But dude, that's one of the most comfortable cars I ever had a chance to sit (sport style of cource). No problems at all with getting in or getting out. Can't think about anything bad I would have to tell about drivers space. Btw, I have GT-S with moonroof. Just my 0.02....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hiyas.. :) I haven't bought the car yet, but I've been eyeing one for the past 3 weeks.

I'm looking at a 2003 GTS TRD Edition (basically the same as the US Action Package, I believe), it's the only one that comes with the 180hp engine without the annoying moonroof. I test drove a GT w/o moonroof and I found it very comfortable (I'm 6'3") and also the GTS with a moonroof and found that my head was touching the headliner.

Other vehicles I looked at were the RSX-S and Accord V6 Coupe, but both come with a moonroof standard, and I don't clear the headliner on either model.. Fit is my main concern when shopping for a car :).

Depends how you're built too.. longer legs or longer torso?

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
girlRacerTRD said:
I'm 5'8" i have trouble fitting in my celica. It's not my celica's fault though - my legs and torso arent proportioned. So, for me it's either having my legs hit the steering wheel, or not being able to see over my dash :(
got any pics of yourself? 5'8" and long legs? Gotta see this :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts