NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i got a 6th generation toyota celica, it has 165k miles on it and its year is 1994 and everything is pretty much good on it, ive kept up on my oil changes and stuff but i wanna know if i drive from new york to tampa bay if my car would make it.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
I drove 16hrs from NJ to FL in a 93 MR2 with 180K on it, loaded down with as much stuff as I could shoehorn into it (surprisingly, a lot). Had a bit of fun with a 911 and a GS-T on the way, too. ;) Only thing that went bad was the battery, and that's because it was screwed up before the ride. Just make sure to do as much maintenance as possible (oil, plugs, coolant, brake fluid, clutch/ATF fluid) and check everything over (brake pads, tires, maybe even a compression/leakdown test) to make sure your car will be in good working order for the next 1K. Might even want to run some Seafoam through everything the oil change before you leave. Of course, even with checking all of that, something random could happen, so make sure you have AAA.

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
hey i got a 6th generation toyota celica, it has 165k miles on it and its year is 1994 and everything is pretty much good on it, ive kept up on my oil changes and stuff but i wanna know if i drive from new york to tampa bay if my car would make it.
only one way to find out.

·
Banned
9,353 Posts
I would just do minor stuff before. Check tire pressure, last time you changed the oil and so on. Just the stuff needed and obviously check to see if it's leaking any oil at all first.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is that a 5sfe or 4sfe motor? 5sfe, i guess. I took a trip From KY to Fla in an '88 Camry, 220k miles on the 4sfe motor and it went just fine - even through the Smokies. However the alternator carpped out on me around Gainesville but i limped in on a dying battery (had to drive with no ac). So maybe snag a spare allernator before taking off - or bring an extra battery!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.