1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
why do you need it?

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
By the look of it, it will require to be weld on.

·
Hero
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
why do you need it?
Thanks for the help, I have a P0420 code and it appears I may have either an exhaust leak or a bad cat (since I replaced my o2 sensor) so I'm just thinking of something I may be able to fix at home, since I don't know or trust any mechanics and i'm on a budget.

·
Premium Member
18,039 Posts

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
^^^This. Or it could be your primary o2 sensor.

·
Hero
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
You most likely have a bad cat.

http://www.convertershack.com/product/magnaflow-51233-universal-catalytic-converter/
Register your email or like them on Facebook for an added discount. I paid less than $110 on the converter and it also had free shipping.
It should be like $30 to have it welded on.
Thanks. I appreciate it!

I wonder what caused the cat to go bad in the first place... hopefully it won't happen again..? :(

Edit: It looks like that link is for a GT, are there any GT-S ones?

·
Hero
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My front o2 sensor socket threads are stripped... so I think I need to replace that part of the pipe....

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
My front o2 sensor socket threads are stripped... so I think I need to replace that part of the pipe....

·
Hero
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Use a VICE GRIP and hammer it out
I was able to take out the o2 but the threads got fucked up when I took it out and now the new o2 won't fit in properly. I got it in for now but it's not tight. I tried a thread chaser and it helped but didn't solve issue.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
mmm how you mess up the inner thread?

Worst case, You might have to stop by the exhaust shop and get a new BUNG weld on.

·
Hero
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I had my father helping me (big mistake) he was in a hurry and kinda trying to muscle it out, I think it was coming out at an angle and it was a huge royal pain in the ass the old o2 was really bad shape once it finally came out.... The new o2 sensor wouldn't go in at all at first... we ran the chaser and it was able to stick in half way.. but it's not 100% tight.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.