NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
When I was replacing my valve cover gasket and spark plugs I tried to find my lift bolts but didn't see them. I know I was looking in the right spot...but I didn't see any lift bolts. Not the intake one or the exhaust one. Does this mean they r broken in the holes? I didn't see any sign of a broken bolt. Can the car run without the bolts? Might be a stupid question i couldn't find any relevant info on this site...its probably just my luck why I'm the only one even asking this question. Thanks for anybody input. I've already ordered the bolts from rodland toyota and will receive them tomorrow....just need the info before starting to install the new bolts (or remove the old bolts). 馃檭

Registered
if you've been driving it with no lift bolts, then the answer is yes. If you're not sure and you just bought the car then search this site has a wealth of information... If this isn't enough try youtube and you'll get more information there.

Electromagnetic Wave :-h

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
According to the above pic (thanks for the reference)...my car currently has no lift bolts installed. I'm really excited now to install the bolts and compare my driving experience with my car, with the bolts and without the bolts. Hopefully after the install there will be a big difference in my cars overall performance and will of course share my wealth of experience with anybody who is interested in knowing?!?!

Ok....its currently cold and raining outside but this install is enough motivation for me to just get out there to install these lift bolts...stay tuned.

You have a GT? It doesn't have or need lift bolts.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
then I'm getting a mixed answer from this site cuz I've read two different statements now regarding which celicas have lift bolts. But I can only believe my own experiences and after removing the valve cover...I seriously thought I had a problem when I didn't even see where the lift bolts are supposed to be. So I started to freak out and think that I didn't even have a celica engine...I was about to freak out. Thank u for the clarification and yes I know for a fact my 2000 gt automatic does not have lift bolts nor the set up for the bolts. Thanks again for your response. :love:

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
I have a set of brand new lift bolts I will give away if anybody wants them. Just let me know. Ill cover the cost for shipping as well.

Registered
You know... long ago forums had provision for and older members demanded newbs fill out the member profile.. where about me you are and what model/ series car or bike you had.
This made it easier to get the right person and usually the right answer..

So much better to know what you have up front.

Not that long ago..... yeah.... we had that & your location showed... now we just get national flags. So, at least I know you're a kiwi.... lol.

EDIT: My bad... an Ozzie.

Registered
Fark you , you canoodlian...

Oh wait.. that鈥檚 a compliment...

You north mexican ..

I digress....

Congrats on your new to you Celica GT/Auto, Yewing2006!

Your largest concern should be the oil-burning propensity of the '00-'01 1ZZ engine. 1st thing is to add 10mm to the dipstick marks and increase your oil fill capacity by 0.5qt. Definitely check the oil level frequently. Consider using a high mileage oil that has more "detergents" & is more resistant to burn off. As it is new to you, consider doing some short-cycle oil changes to clean things out (which may also help w/oil-burning).

Registered
I have a set of brand new lift bolts I will give away if anybody wants them. Just let me know. Ill cover the cost for shipping as well.
I would really appreciate it, my lift bolts aren't working and I was gonna have to buy them, but if you still have them. I can pay for the shipping.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts