NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
6k, 6.1k, 6.LIIFFFTTTT!!!
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have done quite a lot of research on replacement auto glass and think I have narrowed it down to two companies. Unfortunately, I won't be able to replace with OEM because my insurance will only pay up to $390 which includes parts and labor costs. The cheapest I could find was $840 parts and labor for OEM replacement, which means $450 outta pocket cost. I just don't feel its worth it. So anyways I have cut it down to two aftermarket replacements after hours of reading articles and other forum posts.

My MAIN concern is waviness and fitment. I have seen sh1tty fitment with friends cars and horrid waviness that is just fvckin annoying to drive behind. This is why I have done so much research into this.

Basically the two replacements are PPG and AP Tech. I was initially thinking Pilkington, but after reading quite a lot on their glass it is supposed to be very brittle and soft glass, which tends to get a massive amount of pits in it. So that was nicked off the listed. However, I did read nothing but good things about PPG which apparently makes glass for aerospace as well. Along with that I read a few things in regards to AP Tech, nothing negative, but it wasn't as prevalent as PPG reviews.

So I was wondering of those who have had replacement glass what are your experiences with these manufacturers or if you have had good results from other companies I haven't looked into?

Thanks,

-AZgts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
ok you live in AZ. its a law here that insurance companys provide full glass coverage. look into that first

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
yeah someone raped my windshield insurance would pay for the whole thing if
i went aftermarket.

decided to go with ppg looks great no imperfections.

in texas theres a company called safelight not sure if theyre in AZ

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
ok you live in AZ. its a law here that insurance companys provide full glass coverage. look into that first
Yes your right! But it's a Service which he has to add on to his insurance policy. He has to ask for it.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Couldn't you add that to your policy? And wait out for a month or two, and make the claim to get ur windshield replace? For free....

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
yea he should of had it on his policy. what insurance you have? i had progressive and they were going to screw me out of that till i told them i would sue bc its a state law here in az. And i got my hatch glass replaced for free :)

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Go with PPG. I have been using their windshields for years and have never had a complaint. Also what a rip off, around Sac you can get one for about $150 installed. I know a glass guy so I got mine for $100.

·
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
EMS - I have already looked into going through the insurance company and have planned on that from the start. I wasn't looking to pay out of pocket what so ever, which is why I am not going to get OEM glass.

Brown - Thanks for the input. Safelite is here in AZ but I have heard nothing but complaints for them.

I have Progressive, they said they would only pay up to $390, which is their "fair and reasonable price".

Speck - I think PPG is the way to go, thanks for the experience. I really have heard nothing but good things about them. Now it's time to check out some vendors.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Progressive, they said they would only pay up to $390, which is their "fair and reasonable price".
o screw that call them back. they cant put a price on it. its FREE. meanings ALL OF IT IS COVERED.

·
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So just thought I'd update everyone. I ended up doing a bit more research and went with the PPG glass, which is now called PGW, but anyways... the glass is perfect. Fitment is tight as a glove and there is absolutely no waviness in in the windshield was so ever. In comparison to OEM glass I would say its almost if not just as thick from what I could see when he was taking off the old and putting on the new. Overall though I'm extremely happy with it and would def recommend PPG (PGW) to anyone who needs to get a windshield replacement.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts