NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what's up guys and gals.

I just purchased a 2000 Celica off of my sisters husband for 300$ (long story short, has 3 other cars and needed to get rid of this one asap to make room). It's not in the best shape, some dings and scratches there, etc.

There is one problem that really bugs me though.

The wipers come on randomly without me engaging it. I'd refer to the manual to pull the fuse but it's currently sitting in Arizona on a desk. If anyone could help me with the easy question of which fuse to pull for the wipers until I can get it to a mechanic, it would be greatly appreciated.

I also see that there is a fuseblock diagram on the forums, but I'm at work and can't download adobe reader / acrobat thing.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Are you sure you didn't accidentally hit the wipers into the "mist" mode where you can adjust how long the wipers take until they go on again? Sometimes I hit my hand on it by accident. If thats not the case then I would just do a quick google search, I'm sure you can find your answer there pretty quickly.

·
Registered
492 Posts
SOunds like it might be a short in the switch, but pulling the fuse would be a way to fix that, except you would obviously have to put it back in everytime you wanted wipers.

Pop the column surounds off and make sure the connectors are on good and the wiring is in good shape. If it is in good shape and the problem persists then you could either pull the fuse out and go that way or start looking for new wiper controls. There are quite a few cars being parted out regularly and you can always chack with lowredcruzr for OEM parts like that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.