NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to put a new set of wheels on my 2k1 Celi. I plan on going with either 17's or 18's with the TRD drop. I currently have the stock body kit and no other exterior alterations.

My question is does anyone living in a region where winter seems to last for 8 months have larger rims and a drop? I live in the Laurel Highlands of Pennsylvania, where it begins snowing in late October and last through mid April. I want to drop my car, but i'm afraid of how it would affect the winter handling. I was thinking of using my stock rims as winter tires, but again I don't know how the TRD drop would affect this (looks and performance). Also what size of wheels can I go with without running into problems (17 or 18).

I am sure to be flamed for driving such a nice car on salt covered roads, but hey I'm fresh out of college and can't afford to purchase a beater car yet.

Any advice and/or wheel suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

el0

·
Registered
325 Posts
I live in the same area, just got 17" wheels but no drop, and I'm gonna use the stock rims for winter. I'm think'n a drop's not a good idea if you're gonna drive it in the winter, haha you know how the roads are around here even when the weather's nice. As for the wheels, you could go with 18s with the right size tire, I desided on 17s cause they look better than the stock, but don't lose as much performance wise as 18s would. I think there was a figure floating around here that said changing from 16s to 18s results in about a 12 hp loss.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.