NewCelica.org Forum banner

1181 - 1200 of 1222 Posts

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,182
It's good you checked in. We all thought you were dead like Ned.
The Starks are descendants from the First Men which settled Westeros. The blood of the First Men is an ancient bloodline with magical powers.

The Greyjoys (dude faces with all the ships, from the Iron Islands) are also descendants of the First Men. Their motto is, "For what is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger."

Interesting parallel between their words and what happens when the white walkers come wreaking havoc down upon the realm of men... And then there is Beric Dondarrion and Lady Catelyn Stoneheart...

Of course... chopping off the head seems to work to an extent, but the body can still reanimate. Must. Burn. Bodies.

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,183
One of Jon Snow's most important lines in the book: "Ed, fetch me a block."

Changed in the show to:

"Olly, get me my sword."

Really? REALLY?! Jon's first command and action as Lord Commander absolutely fucking ruined. This was, quite possibly, one of the most important character-building, pivotal points in the story for Jon. Not only does he honor his Stark ancestry by following his father's creed - The man who casts the sentence also serves the justice (which is why Jon is the one who beheads Janos) - but it's also to show to Stannis Jon's true and honest loyalty to the Watch. Benioff and Weiss chose to change not only the entire line itself, but also, to instead have some fucking puny, made-up Wildling kid named Olly (who isn't in the books, and is now somehow magically Jon's steward because he saved Jon's life when the Wildlings scaled The Wall) fill the role of Ed, one of Jon's most stout loyalists and friends, in the scene where Jon executes Janos Slynt.

And I'm sorry.
Sansa and Ramsay? What?
What about the whole fake-Arya wedding Ramsay for the purpose of the Bolton's to become Wardens of the North and hold Winterfell (albeit under false pretenses)? What?! WHAT?!!?

Where is Nymeria?
Why have we not had an Arya wolfdream yet?
Why have we not seen Nymeria pull dead Catelyn's body out of the river after she was murdered at The Red Wedding?
Why have we not seen the hundreds of wolves that which Nymeria is in charge of roaming throughout the riverlands?
Um... I guess Ramsay and Roose aren't worried about Sansa recognizing Theon, even though Theon was a ward in Winterfell for many years and essentially grew up with Sansa? I see it now, though. Sansa is playing the part of Jeyne Poole (fake Arya), and Theon's redemption will be through saving Sansa from Ramsay and Co. after she's been raped and stuff by Ramsay and escaping Winterfell to meet up with Alys Karstark and/or Stannis at The Wall.
Who was that sexy little thing giving Sansa the stink-eye when she showed up in front of Ramsay and Roose?
The North Remembers?
Um... in the books, King Tommen is fucking 9 years old. Why does he look OLDER than Joffrey in this season, and why/HOW THE FUCK DOES A 9 YEAR OLD CONSUMMATE A MARRIAGE? Seriously, this is just downright fucking weird. King Tommen is suppose to be playing with kitty cats and be a fat little kid who cries a lot. TV Tommen looks older than me...
Um... I guess Balon Greyjoy won the War of the Five Kings? Shouldn't he... be... like... dead by now? No mention of the Iron Islanders, yet... still. I wonder, will Victarion even have a part in the show? Doesn't he take nearly the entire fleet and set sail for Dany?
Can I get a Kingsmoot, please?

The show is DRIVING ME INSANE!!!!!!!
But I still watch it and even anticipate watching subsequent episodes, because I know how good it could be, and I am very fascinated with the fine details of the show -- scenery, wardrobe, CGI dragons and direwolves, the Others, etc etc -- but I also believe if I had never read the books, I'd probably take to the show quite a bit more.

I'm so conflicted.
Someone tell me how I should feel.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Your feels are appropriate for someone that read the books. But Beinoff and Weiss explain why they cut off characters and why they are changing the details of the story a little. The show has a shit load of characters as it is, (most in history i think...) They're trying to not sway the story too much from the essential characters, by having to introduce new ones and having episodes dedicated to the new people. They're trying hard to consolidate certain events that occur with characters already in the show. We barely get to see enough of certain characters already, imagine if they kept bringing in new people like fake aria and all the other people you mentioned. I think overall the adaptation on to the show from the books is very well done regardless of the slight changes in characters. What I'm wondering is how the two endings will compare. It might be cool to have alternate endings. just my input though.
&& king tommen looks like a 14 year old to me.. if you look younger... lol damn.

btw you spoiler :wtf:

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,186
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zs7xO5P3Az4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,187
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CuH3tJPiP-U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dKrhgVFTI6I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,188
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EI0ib1NErqg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"Dragons do not do well in captivity."
"How do you know this?"
"That's what I do. I drink, and know things."

Pretty much sums up my life to a T.

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,190
Today is a good day.

Wake up.
Go about my business.
Flyers/Caps Game 6 at 12:00 noon.
Work at 4:00pm.
Game of Thrones at 9:00pm.
Go to bed with an insatiable hardon after today's glorious events.
Fap myself to sleep.

Today was a good day.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
This f*cking thread is still going?!?

I just came here to change my password. #haxorz

And I doubt I'll be back, I just set it to something I won't remember. If you need to find me, you know where I'm at.

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,193
Next season is put on delay, for the need of more winter is necessary in the filming; will not be airing in April like every other previous season.

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,194
:hi:

Next season is put on delay, for the need of more winter is necessary in the filming; will not be airing in April like every other previous season.
Bump for the shortened Season 7, which airs on July 16th.
6 episodes, though? :thumbdown
I guess it will be action-packed and full of drama!

Martin, it has been years. Where is The Winds of Winter?

·
Argentum Chaos Vae Victis
6,652 Posts
Spoilers (you've been warned):

My dracarys is throbbing, Colin.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Jon Snow dies.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Just echoing what it was you told everyone however many seasons ago...

1181 - 1200 of 1222 Posts