NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, jack frost's making his way here again, and the roads are gonna be full of snow.
I have all season tires on my stock GTS wheels, and for safety's sake, I was thinking of getting four steelies and 4 winter tires. My friend suggested that I just change the two front tires to winter ones and since our cars are FWD, traction would improve drastically. What do you guys think? the steelies are gonna be ugly, and I lack the cash to get new rims with winter tires.

thanks,
mark

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
With just front winter tires, you'd get better grip from a stop in snow and slush, but you'd lose a considerable amount of handling, since the rear tires would break loose faster than the fronts and cause you to fishtail. Good idea to get all 4 tires for safety.

·
Registered
285 Posts
It's a wise choice to get dedicated snows if you live in area that's snows often and you will be driving in some of that snow for some of the time. Don't just get 2 snow tires, it's better if you get 4. I have snow tires myself and it does make a difference. I would suggest looking into Nokian.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts