NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the Kamanari kit and went to Home Depot last night to buy the wesh wire for the front of my car and there is like 20 different kinds.

What is the suiff called that everyone uses??

I did a search and i couldn't find the answer.

Thanks in advance,

Jamey

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
I use hinged gutter guard (roofing section at Home Depot). It's pattern is straight, unlike the expanded metal they have that can sometimes "lean" to one side. It's also much stronger than expanded metal and won't get crushed if something hits it.

I'm also doing some research on perforated metal at mcmaster.com.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Nope, but it's really easy to make them yourself. The mounting holes are there already on the bumper. All you need to do is cut the mesh to around 1" wider than the opening on all sides and use screws to secure them.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Blue. i am getting the Kit Painter tomorrow so i will make it tongiht.

Jamey

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I plan on making some for my Kam rear, but I plan on painting them black. The full primer them paint with industrial black so it resists chips better. Just need the contrast since my car is silver and the vents in my RMM front and sides are black.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Burrcold said:
wasnt trying to knock your sales or anything blue bomber...it probably rusted on me because I live in Canada and there is a lot of salt on the roads here in the winter.
No prob. We had a really nasty winter here in NJ this year, the worst in years, and still no rust.
RATIFIED said:
I plan on making some for my Kam rear, but I plan on painting them black. The full primer them paint with industrial black so it resists chips better. Just need the contrast since my car is silver and the vents in my RMM front and sides are black.
You might wanna get this instead:

http://app.infopia.com/Shop/Control/Product?vpid=412033&SFV=14050

It's powdercoated, so it's way stronger than just paint. It should be enough for both your front and rear bumper. I would've bought it if it was available in silver.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts