NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do i wire the alarm so it can unlock my pass and trunk. right now it only unlocks my driverside because toyota has that stupid double pulse to unlock the pass and trunk.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not the factory. its a clifford 9000.

if you dont have a alarm you use the key to unlock your doors. turn it once and the driverside unlocks, turn it twice and the pass and trunk unlocks. i need to know how to wire it so it unlocks both my doors.

·
Registered
70 Posts
the wire is yellow/black located passenger kick or BCM

"The BCM is located just to the right side of the radio. Remove the radio to access."

if its hooked up correctly then u might need to program it for double negitave pulse

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
pull out your center console and check and see if they tapped the two lock wires right at the switch there. If they are, then you need to program the clifford to pulse twice on the unlock circuit when pressing the unlock button. Programming options are located in the installation guide.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by BrianGTS
pull out your center console and check and see if they tapped the two lock wires right at the switch there. If they are, then you need to program the clifford to pulse twice on the unlock circuit when pressing the unlock button. Programming options are located in the installation guide.
i know i can do that but i would like to
wire it so it will unlock with only 1 pulse.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I installed a Clifford 8000 in my car, and mine unlocks all the doors when I press my button. As CeLicAxTrD said, there is two wires in the kick that unlock the car. One of the install guides for alarm wiring tells you what color they are. But one of the wires only does the driver side, and the other does all of the doors. You don't need to set up a double pulse or anything.

There are two yellow/black wires in the kick panel area on the same plug. I pretty sure that our door locks need a negative pulse to make them work. Saying that, you should just be able to tap a ground on each of those yellow/black wires to determine which unlocks all the doors.

Curt

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
The place I'm talking about is behind the drivers side kick panel with all the plugs. On one plug, there are the two yellow/black wires. That picture looks like the center console?

Curt

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SQ GT-S said:
The place I'm talking about is behind the drivers side kick panel with all the plugs. On one plug, there are the two yellow/black wires. That picture looks like the center console?

Curt
haha sorry for my incompetence

i saw only 1 yellow/black wire and grounded it but didnt unlock all my doors.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
If I remember right, the yellow/black changes color once it enters the plugs. There are wires going into the junction box, and wires coming out. Check the main wire loom going into that box, up at the top. It's in there somewhere. :)

Curt

·
Registered
70 Posts
sheizen said:
ok i found the two wires that my alarm is spliced into. one is yellow and one is brown.

from what i can see it is the ones in the pic below.

um theres no point of looking there cause u still gonna have to program your unit to send out a double unlock pulse.. unless u go to the center console behind radio

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
CeLicAxTrD said:
um theres no point of looking there cause u still gonna have to program your unit to send out a double unlock pulse.. unless u go to the center console behind radio
what will i be looking for behind the radio?

this is how it looks

the two wires from my alarm are spliced into the two wires.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Originally posted by CeLicAxTrD
As I previously stated, I have the Clifford 8000 installed in my car, which is basically the same as the 9000. I do NOT have a double pulse coming out of my alarm for the door locks. There is a single yellow/black wire that will unlock all the doors with a SINGLE pulse.

Sheizen, I know the wire is in the kick. If you can wait, I should have time tomorrow night to check my car and see which plug that wire is in. All my wires have been moved from the kick to under the dash, so I can't just take a quick look.

Curt

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I just looked through old pics I took before I moved my wires from my kicks. From those pics, my wires in the kicks look WAY different than yours.

One major thing I notice is that I have more wires than you. Another thing I notice is that the plug by my thumb in the pic, the bottom near the yellow plug, I have green wires. In your pic, you have red wires. My car is a 2000 GT-S that came with the VIP alarm thing. I wonder if you have different wiring than me??

Curt

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.