NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
With pillowball mounts has a stiffer spring and strut setup than without. Good for the track, not so good for daily driving, depending on the pavement in your area.

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Originally posted by Blue Bomber
With pillowball mounts has a stiffer spring and strut setup than without. Good for the track, not so good for daily driving, depending on the pavement in your area.
An upper pillow mount really does nothing to change the ride quality for the worse. It might be a little noisier than the stock upper mount, but the increase in steering response is a worthy tradeoff.

It's also perfectly suitable for the street. I doubt you'd notice a difference aside from the improvement they provide.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
True, the pillowball mounts don't alter the ride much at all, but Tein pairs them with a stiffer strut/spring combo.

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Originally posted by Blue Bomber
True, the pillowball mounts don't alter the ride much at all, but Tein pairs them with a stiffer strut/spring combo.
For the SS-P, yes. If you already have the SS, TEIN doesn't offer an optional upper mount. You can use one from Cusco just fine tho, and doing so won't alter the ride quality adversely.

I think we're both looking at the question from different angles. I'm assuming that he already has an SS and is wondering whether or not to stick with the stock upper mount... you're assuming he's trying to choose between purchasing the SS or the SS-P.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I'd like to know too. I keep trying to web search for them but nothing comes up for the 00-04 celicas.

·
Registered
285 Posts
WRENCHHEAD said:
can you use the ss-p pillow mount on the older ss system?? so i can run an edfc:)
This has already been answered. The SS won't work with any of Tein's pillowball mounts PERIOD. It only works with the stock upper mount and it seems Cusco (that Tein doesn't reccommend obviously). The EDFC only works with the SS-P. There are more than shaving this and adjusting that to make the EDFC work with the SS or HA for our cars. It has more to do more with the smaller damper of the SSP and the recessed camber plates than any thing else. The HA and SS just can't do that ever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts