NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
49,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good riddance! Worst discontinued cars for 2011
What puts a car on this list? Besides no longer being offered in the new year, it's either poorly engineered (or, perhaps more accurately, lazily engineered), poorly made, a poor performer, or, in many cases some combination of the three. As with our other year-end wrap-ups, we've asked our contributors for their least-missed vehicle and why; as a result, you might see a car or two end up on this list more than once. Needless to say, this lot makes for the least-impressive vehicles currently on the road.

·
Can't touch this.
3,629 Posts
^ ugly and big as ****. Big cheap plastic looking everything with ****ty quality.
They are only a tinny bit bigger than a 4runner, if that. Also, looks are subjective so to cancel a car on that makes no sense. I thought they sold pretty well to. I see a decent amount.

My cousin owns one and I almost got it. She has done nothing but regular oil changes, brakes and fluids to the car and she lives in Oswego New York where a couple feet of snow is common.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
As much as we like seeing these cars go, that article reeked of personal opinion and was poorly written. Case in point:

What puts a car on this list? Besides no longer being offered in the new year, it's either poorly engineered (or, perhaps more accurately, lazily engineered), poorly made, a poor performer, or, in many cases some combination of the three.
And then they go out and put the SC430 in that list? It's neither poorly engineered, poorly made nor a poor performer so it doesn't qualify for that list at all. It does what it was designed to do very well.

·
So slow it hurts.
998 Posts
As much as we like seeing these cars go, that article reeked of personal opinion and was poorly written. Case in point:

And then they go out and put the SC430 in that list? It's neither poorly engineered, poorly made nor a poor performer so it doesn't qualify for that list at all. It does what it was designed to do very well.
I agree with you. It definitely doesn't belong on the list.

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
Why the H3?

Couple friends have them and they run fine and are nice.
because it got 16-18 mpg on the highway and was useful for...nothing...in 2010

·
Can't touch this.
3,629 Posts
because it got 16-18 mpg on the highway and was useful for...nothing...in 2010
It is a mid size SUV. Unless it is hybrid you shouldn't expect anything more.

So by your logic any mid-large SUV is useless?

Maybe it isn't useful for you because you live at a because the only thing you care about is going a quarter mile at at time but by me they do everything just as well as any other mid size SUV.

·
Registered
826 Posts
This. A buddy of mine has the SC430 vert and it was a very nice car all around.

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
It is a mid size SUV. Unless it is hybrid you shouldn't expect anything more.

So by your logic any mid-large SUV is useless?

Maybe it isn't useful for you because you live at a because the only thing you care about is going a quarter mile at at time but by me they do everything just as well as any other mid size SUV.
well the manufacturers didn't see it your way...did they?? There are plenty non-hybrid mid size SUV's that get better than 16-18 mpg on the highway (you want a list??)..Don't know what the 1/4 mile has to do with MPG...but just another angry comment by you..i laughed

·
Registered
182 Posts
wait...whats wrong with the new beetle?

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
well the manufacturers didn't see it your way...did they?? There are plenty non-hybrid mid size SUV's that get better than 16-18 mpg on the highway (you want a list??)..Don't know what the 1/4 mile has to do with MPG...but just another angry comment by you..i laughed
Not many during the time it was manufactured. Even today there are maybe some mid size SUVs that pull low to mid 20s on the highway. Don't link any GM ****, no way the Acadia/Traverse gets 33 on the hwy. That is the biggest bull**** claim backed by reviews stating the number is not even close to what GM claims on their EPA testing cycle.

The good news about all mid size SUVs is I think most of them have crash test ratings better than a Neon SRT-4. Do not have to worry much about fuel costs if you are dead, which is common in a Neon.

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
Not many during the time it was manufactured. Even today there are maybe some mid size SUVs that pull low to mid 20s on the highway. Don't link any GM ****, no way the Acadia/Traverse gets 33 on the hwy. That is the biggest bull**** claim backed by reviews stating the number is not even close to what GM claims on their EPA testing cycle.

The good news about all mid size SUVs is I think most of them have crash test ratings better than a Neon SRT-4. Do not have to worry much about fuel costs if you are dead, which is common in a Neon.
cool story..

·
Can't touch this.
3,629 Posts
Mid size non hybrid suv's aren't putting out big mpg numbers.

I guess you can't comprehend the fact that I said it isn't useful for you because you live at the track. The statement had nothing to do with gas mileage at all. It wasn't even in the same ''paragraph''.

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
whatever helps you sleep

1 - 20 of 24 Posts