NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 GT 5sp with only 50k miles on it. Would it be worth turboing it later in life.... after college and keep it as a daily driver sleeper?

Im not taking it to college the first year and maybe not the other 3 so that would keep the miles off it.

Also Id want it as a daily driver because my plan is to find a mkiv supra after college also.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
are you asking if it is worth it for reliability issues?

i turboed my gts at 100,000+ and still daily driving it.. just depends on your driving habits.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JiNSoKuBee said:
are you asking if it is worth it for reliability issues?

i turboed my gts at 100,000+ and still daily driving it.. just depends on your driving habits.
Yea I'm asking about the reliability issues. I bought the car with 41K on it about a year and 1/2 ago. I don't drive it much since I live in a small city. I know after college I'll be moving to a larger city so driving will increase.

And for my driving... haha. I'm a good driver but when I see something to race I'll take after them.

·
Banned
227 Posts
you said you weren't taking it the first year or the next three. that's four years. so, for your entire duration at college (assuming you're going for a bachelor's degree not doctorate) you won't have/drive your car except during the summers back home?

i wouldn't turbo your car at all (why, to play with it for three out of the twelve months in a year?). apply that excess money towards paying off your school loans or saving for a car with a better platform. you could also payoff your car so you're not upsidedown but who knows, in the next four years you may total your car and gap insurance will only pay off the remaining debt...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
e_degala said:
you said you weren't taking it the first year or the next three. that's four years. so, for your entire duration at college (assuming you're going for a bachelor's degree not doctorate) you won't have/drive your car except during the summers back home?

i wouldn't turbo your car at all (why, to play with it for three out of the twelve months in a year?). apply that excess money towards paying off your school loans or saving for a car with a better platform. you could also payoff your car so you're not upsidedown but who knows, in the next four years you may total your car and gap insurance will only pay off the remaining debt...
Oh no you must have miss read or I wrote it wrong. I won't do anything to my car during the college years, the turboing will come some years after college... if it does come. I posted about me not bring it to college so it would.... well actually I'm not sure why I posted it but I just thought it might help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts