NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, pretty much as the subject liner said, can a GTS TRD Exhaust fit a GT?. And if not what modifying would have to be done?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bah, what is the difference? from the picture I see they look exactly the same.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmmm okay, well i can get a decent deal on a trd gts but if it doesnt fit, it doesnt fit, thanks for the info guys!

·
Just call me GnG
3,750 Posts
I have a GT-S exhaust on my GT... fits fine. I also had a friend with a GT Invidia exhaust on his GT-S, also went well. The only problem that i found was the mounting position of the hangers. Wasn't hard to do though. Took me about 40mins to do alone. So i dont think there'll be a problem with the TRD exhaust.

·
Registered
145 Posts
jspec_1zzfe said:
the flanges on the GT is alot smaller than the GT-S, therefore it wont fit. try it and see....you'll just have exhaust leak.
Agreed with jspec. Bought a gts exhaust from a friend and it didn't fit my 02 gt. Maybe it was different before 02, but when I tried to put the exhaust on, the gt-s exhaust was way bigger. Only way to make it fit is to weld it.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wrenchead could you please tell me what yr the exhaust was and what year the 2 celicas were?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well u see i can get a decent deal on a 00 gts trd exhaust for my gt, just wanna make sure it will fit

·
Registered
240 Posts
Here is where they differ, on the flanges:

I bought a Tanabe Racing Medallion exhaust but they only made it for the GT-S. We had to cut the flange on my stock exhaust and welded it to the TRM. If you still want to buy a GT-S exhaust for your GT, go right ahead. IT WILL HAVE EXHAUST leak.

why dont you just buy a TRD GT exhaust?

·
Registered
240 Posts
DelltaDMX said:
well u see i can get a decent deal on a 00 gts trd exhaust for my gt, just wanna make sure it will fit
oopps, I'm sorry i didnt see your post. Well if you can get a decent deal for a trd gts exhaust, and you want it, go right ahead.

IMHO, if your buying a full cat-back exhaust system, it should be straight bolt-on, no modifications necessary. I wish i haven't bought the TRM and did that welding crap and just bought an exhaust for "the GT".

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea im still in debate mod if i wanna do the work but my uncle owns quite a large metal shop so he said he could help me. but it SEEMS like the 00 and 01 flanges are same..... this is very interesting

appreciate your info!

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by jspec_1zzfe
IMHO, if your buying a full cat-back exhaust system, it should be straight bolt-on, no modifications necessary.
Huh? :wtf: There's no flange right after the cat, so any cat back exhaust needs to be welded on. No way around it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts