NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so i have a quick question. I dyno'd my car a few weeks back, and only got 148 WHP, and 120 TQ, Would an exhaust leak that threw my fuel trims off my 22% Cause that bad of a HP Decrease?

Mods:
AEM CAI
Titanium valve springs, retainers and locks
CAT Delete

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
That's roughly what a stock GTS gets at the wheels, depending on the dyno and calibration and what not. 160WHP/130WTQ is more commonly thrown around though, but given your engine is running poorly that's probably accurate. Did you think is was 180HP at the wheels!!??

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's roughly what a stock GTS gets at the wheels, depending on the dyno and calibration and what not. 160WHP/130WTQ is more commonly thrown around though, but given your engine is running poorly that's probably accurate. Did you think is was 180HP at the wheels!!??
Nah, I was hoping I would atleast get 160 to the wheels.

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
yes an exhaust leak can make you lose power depending on where the leak is and how extensive it is though but it shouldn't be much. Although, if you had a baseline prior to this one, you would truly know the difference.

I dyno'd with CAI\E at 170 on a roller and 172 with a trial shorty header. but totally go different numbers when I dyno'd with the same set up with a hub dyno before doing a before and after with different type header.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts