NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me to get a turbo system?

I have a 2000 gt-s 6 speed I picked up for 1200$ wrecked about 6 months ago.

It has 103k miles on it, and I have no idea how well maintained it has been, so I'm guessing I would have to have all new internals.

I'm just afraid this thing is going to feel like a snail, especially after riding in the srt-10. (I haven't gotten to drive it yet).

What is the minimum I would have to put in this thing for just a light boost?

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
hass turbo kit 4,00ish
installation/tune 1,500ish

stock engine can boost about 10psi/all the time and 11psi on high boost...

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you can knock some off for installation, I would have my dad/the guy that works at our shop to install it.

But about tuning, there aren't any tuneing places around here, would it be possible for me to figure out how to do it myself?

mukalicious said:
whats wrong with the dodge?
It's my dad's, not mine, sadly.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok. I don't think there is though, I'll try.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Holley Performance Products
1801 Russellville Road
Bowling Green, KY 502-745-9569
Show Map

The Dyno Shop
7801 Carol Ave.
Lousville, KY 502-964-2165

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those are kind of far away from me. That would be a long way to drive with a car on a trailer, but thanks for helping.

EDIT: where did you get those? Maybe I could search some more and find something a little closer, maybe something in west virginia.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Define far. I have to drive 3 hours to get mine tuned. (on the plus side, the pic in my sig is 10 minutes away from my house :D ) Shoot if it's less than that, that's cake brother.

·
Registered
611 Posts
i drive 10 min to my tunners!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
robare99 said:
Define far. I have to drive 3 hours to get mine tuned. (on the plus side, the pic in my sig is 10 minutes away from my house :D ) Shoot if it's less than that, that's cake brother.
The closest I hae foundt so far is in louisville, which is about 4 1/2 hours away from me.

If I were to install it myself I wouldn't be able to drive before it gets tuned would I?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Loser_guy said:
robare99 said:
The closest I hae foundt so far is in louisville, which is about 4 1/2 hours away from me.

If I were to install it myself I wouldn't be able to drive before it gets tuned would I?
I drive mine untuned.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Driving untuned is ill-advised at best. I think speedsource is somewhere in that area - you could check them out.

A good tuner can also street tune to get a nice driveable map - you mainly need the dyno to do the fine tuning on the timing and VVTi maps and to get your bragging rights after you're done.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Boosted2.0 said:
Driving untuned is ill-advised at best. I think speedsource is somewhere in that area - you could check them out.

A good tuner can also street tune to get a nice driveable map - you mainly need the dyno to do the fine tuning on the timing and VVTi maps and to get your bragging rights after you're done.
I could put it on one of my dad's trailers he uses for delivering equipment (he owns a body shop along wiht an equip. rental busisness hehe) and haul it within a reasonabledistance,

There aren't anytuners around here that I know of, I'll check for speedsource.

the only thing on yellopwpages is in Florida. A little too far away hehe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts