NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would u use this engine oil?

Miracle Top Engine Oil (Gold)
* Goes 150,000 km (93,750 miles) at 1 filling.
* Fully Synthetic
* Reduces Engine wear and tear (proven)
* Increases fuel economy
* Reduces emission, environmentally friendly
* Addition of 0.1 to 0.5 litre of oil every 15,000 km, to balance the evaporated amout.

Those were the merits, but the only de-merit might me its price.... double of what Mobil 1 Full Synthetic (goes 15,000 km max in our country) Engine Oil costs....

Well would u use it?

I really am looking forward for all of you guys' co-operation, coz me and my dad are marketting it in our country (Bangladesh)..... wanted to know your response... thanx!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
this oil lasts to almost 100K miles?

i personally would rather change my oil at 3K just for my own peace of mind..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i forgot to mention dat it the carbon deposit is almost nil.... dat means no 'dirty' oil.....

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
i would recommend a more frequent change interval, and recommend filter change even sooner. especially in bangladesh where roads aren't often roads to begin with.

i don't know the laws there, but if you advertised and recommended not to change before 100k, and someone's car dies after 100k cuz of the oil, they could blame it on you!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
as stated before... what about the filter? it's gonna get dirty and clogged, and your motor is toast. you can't just change the filter, cause the oil will spill out.

·
Registered
335 Posts
i don't think bangladesh has those types of laws as they do in the US because I am also from Bangladesh but i've been a U.S citizen for awhile. I'm 17. there's no justice in that country :mad:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Frankly I'm going to have to call :bs:

There is no way I would risk a $10K engine on "miracle" oil.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Just stick with normal synthetic and change every 3 months or 3000 miles whichever comes first.

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
z6joker9 said:
as stated before... what about the filter? it's gonna get dirty and clogged, and your motor is toast. you can't just change the filter, cause the oil will spill out.
I'm wondering about that too. How have you conquered this hurdle?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Only an oil analysis would be able to tell if you can go that long.

Although if you still have warranty I definitely would not use it. Talk about voiding any warranty you may have.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Griffin said:
Frankly I'm going to have to call :bs:

There is no way I would risk a $10K engine on "miracle" oil.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Just stick with normal synthetic and change every 3 months or 3000 miles whichever comes first.
I dont see why would anyone want to save few bucks after purchasing 25k car...

btw.. you do realize that 3,000 miles oil change interval is strictly US oil shop bull right? there is no way in a world you engine will be anything less than a perfect if you change oil every 10k miles (and filter with it) or if heavily used - every 6k miles.... of course, only quality syn. oil

1 - 17 of 17 Posts