NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Mike, aka DetailingDude, my car is the shiniest it has ever been since the day it rolled off the lot of Hollywood Toyota :)
He spent about 4.5 hrs on my car under a portable tent, with all of his personal waxing products and the car looks amazing. We have a bunch of pics, im going to upload them all, and send them to mike so he can host them.

Grade: A++ highly recomendable.

Thanks Mike, you the man :thumbup:

-Adam

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Yeah man I wonna see some pics, gotta see what my competition is putting out LOL, just kidding Detailing Dude!! Continue the great work!!

Justin

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
Please post pictures in this thread.

DD-
What did his paint need and what did you use? (products & applicators)

·
Registered
154 Posts
DopeCelicaGT said:
Yeah man I wonna see some pics, gotta see what my competition is putting out LOL, just kidding Detailing Dude!! Continue the great work!!

Justin
Competition? Hmmmmmm...... this could be arranged.... we could host a detailing rodeo........ live on the Internet!! I'll be doing this one day on my website. Got Wax? :wiggle:

·
Registered
154 Posts
bme107 said:
Please post pictures in this thread.

DD-
What did his paint need and what did you use? (products & applicators)
I forget the actual color name but it is verrry dark blue.... especially when it covered in light surface scratces. He also had a very deep gash on the passenger door that was probably 15" long and 1/16" wide that I wetsanded out. But what I did was the first 4 steps in My Car Care Philosophy. Then address the surface blemishes and finally applied the surface protection.

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
Sanding the paint/clear coat with a very fine sand paper that is lubricated, usually with water but sometimes other products are substitued.

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
Purpose: to level out surface imperfections faster than using cutting and polishing coumpounds. ("orange peel" or touch-up spots)

Difficulty: Physically not that hard, but you have to have an understanding of it and an eye for it. You have to know just how much sanding can be done before removing the clear/color and totally ruining the finish.

I've never performed it myself, only watched someone else do it. If you want to get more info and possibly see it taking place you should contact Bill, from DCM. His shop must be doing it a lot, as a part of the painting process. I think I remember them doing it to Jake's car before the final clear was applied. Little different than just hitting a spot here and there, but the process is generally the same.

·
Registered
152 Posts
DetailingDude said:

Competition? Hmmmmmm...... this could be arranged.... we could host a detailing rodeo........ live on the Internet!! I'll be doing this one day on my website. Got Wax? :wiggle:
I'd be down for that. :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
coOOlcelica said:
what is involved in a wetsanding procedure?

i have of it before but i am not actually sure what it means.
wetsanding: A process that uses a very fine sandpaper (anywhere from 1200 - 2000 grit) and a lubricant to sand paint-related imprefections that polishes and cleaners (even those of a heavy cut variety) cannot touch.

It is also useful when you touch up the paint on your car in order to level the touch-up paint on the vehicle.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Hey Detailing Dude I would def. be down for a detail rodeo LOL and I got plenty of wax, too much to be exact how bout helping me get rid of some LOL! Nah man its cool to see so many professionals helping out others!! I love this site!! There is not many site one can go to now days to get the kinda help and instruction one can recieve here! Keep up the good work man and I am looking forward to seeing that video!!

Justin

·
Registered
154 Posts
I am serious about the detailing rodeo! I am working on the details of it, but it will be done live and judged. Plus I have some other things planned that'll make the site killer for live content!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts