NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a sad day. The day before Thanksgiving and my engine blows from my 2000 Celica :(
It has been my baby for years now and I'm not letting go.

I'm currently attending UCF in Orlando and I'm hoping to find someone close that could find and install a new engine in my car. I've found a couple with about 60k miles in Orlando but they are $1200 and then the cheapest install I can find is $850. As you can guess... I'm in college so $2100 is a little steep for me. If anyone knows anyone near Orlando that I could get an engine under 100k miles and install for around $1500 I would greatly appreciate it. Also, does the first gen 1zz-fe that was in the 1998 Carolla fit in the 2000 Celica?

Lastly, does anyone know what the extra expenses would look like if I were to buy an engine with a 5 speed tranny and get that installed to an automatic stock Celica?

Thanks for any and all responses. I'm torn and also really need a car to get to class and back ha

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know if can wait that long. Especially because I need it to drive back home for winter break on the 8th

·
o-NO_oB-x
2,920 Posts
sorry pm me your number i'll forward you to a guy in jacksonville that can prob help
Jacksonville:
2kGTrd or
My dad (ase master mech)

Orlando:
blitzceli might install

engine swap no problem, but a full manual swap will go above your current budget.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
engine swap no problem, but a full manual swap will go above your current budget.
That's what I was afraid of... My first car was a manual and I was hoping I could transform this one into one as well.

I contacted Blitz and I will go from there.
One more question, does you guys know of anyone (person or shop) around Orlando that rebuild engines so I could maybe get a few bucks for my blown engine?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts