NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a 1zz-fe in Orlando. I found a place called A & A Auto Salvage but they are looking at $1300 plus delivery costs. I was told that they were expensive and I was wondering if anyone knew of a place in or near Orlando, or online where I could buy one for cheaper.

Thank you

·
Registered
358 Posts
I see a bunch of their ads on car-part.com with 1ZZs 2003-2005 with 40-60k miles listed for $1199 so don't give them $1300 (put in your zip code and 2005 celica R vin on car-part.com).

And delivery? These engines are really small and lightweight. 2 people could lift it up into a truck, I bet it'd even fit in a celica's hatch :p . Consider picking it up > delivery.

Otherwise, look for 03-08? corolla/matrix/vibe 1ZZs. I think they come cheaper - the only difference is you'll have to swap knock sensors, pass. motor mount bracket, steel coolant line that runs to heater core, and drill + tap some holes for the pass. axle carrier bracket.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did use car-part.com, that's how I cam across the engine. I meant $1300 after tax

Thanks, I didn't even think of that, you just saved me $75

I actually just bought an 05 Celica 1zzfe with 27k miles on it. Thank you guys for your input, it's greatly appreciated.

·
:B
1,511 Posts
i used to have one but it was blown idk what happened to it lol i just left it in my front yard and it disappeared. 2 guys must have taken it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have a 1zz with 54k on the clock I have someone interested but no answer back yet from them. Its from my Mr2. I'm in St. Pete, if your interested let me know. It is missing the items that I used for my swap. Idler pulley, fuel rail. Im looking for 1k. I'm dropping a 2zz and thats why Im selling it. It does leak a bit from the tensioner. Other than that is has no issues. PM me if your interested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts