NewCelica.org Forum banner

wtf happened

916 Views 25 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  pearlblackgts
wtf happened to my oil pump

ok i was rolling in 2nd at 4k rpms and i got on it hit lift and at 7k rpm this car pulled out in front of me so i let off and it back fired and droped out of lift at 7k rpm and the engine check light and oil light came on the oil flows so it not the pump and i cant hit lift i just hitsa the rev limiter an 7k rpm
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Under warranty? Get it checked
was your car fully warmed up?
search: misshift

( :applaud: and three year and 50,000 miles later, my way wins again!!! :applaud:I told you not to do that...:thumbdown :nono:)
How was this a misshift, and wtf are you talking about, "my way wins again"?
1: i never left the gear 2: how does ur way win
anyways i pulled my valve cover off and checked the lift bolts not that and i notest something else the cams were dry so it parked out side till i bring it in to get a new oil pump
oh and do u have bad luck with trees thats y u hate em
yeah its definitely NOT a misshift...
oil pressure lamp lit up.... VERY bad. You probally have engine damage already. Check your oil level, if it's low then you would surely have damaged your internals like the crankshaft, rod bearings, rods, etc.

CEL still on? If so, don't reset the ECU but read it and tell us what's the code.
Originally posted by treeh8r
search: misshift

( :applaud: and three year and 50,000 miles later, my way wins again!!! :applaud:I told you not to do that...:thumbdown :nono:)
k its one thing to have an auto, but you should at least realize that you need to SHIFT in order to misSHIFT...geez
(what code) and my oil level islil bit higher than what it should be 1/8" above the second point on the dip stick
Originally posted by crazy2win
(what code) and my oil level islil bit higher than what it should be 1/8" above the second point on the dip stick
autozone will hook a little computer up to your car and give you a code. one example is P01701. you have too much oil.
It being overfull didn't cause the problem. Pull the OBD II Codes and get back to us.
I occasionally have too much oil when I refill it as well. I'm not going to fill it a bit, wait 30 mins till all the oil has been slowly going down to the oil pan and then check again.
I'm lazy so just pour a liter of oil in it and drive again.

But yes, I heard Autozone reads the CEL code out for free.
Originally posted by treeh8r
search: misshift

( :applaud: and three year and 50,000 miles later, my way wins again!!! :applaud:I told you not to do that...:thumbdown :nono:)
Originally posted by Lormax
How was this a misshift, and wtf are you talking about, "my way wins again"?
Originally posted by Kuz
yeah its definitely NOT a misshift...
Originally posted by sO mAnY mOdS
k its one thing to have an auto, but you should at least realize that you need to SHIFT in order to misSHIFT...geez

:chuckles: :rofl: :wtf:
i figured out what happened......read....... :(


QuickQuote

I was accelerating at about 7k when my rpms stopped to increase drastically (kindda like a cutoff) and I heard a weird noise (explosion of the oil pump??). Oil pressure light came on and I stopped the car about 1-2 km after ..

Here's the result, after only 1 week with the crank pulley, my oil pump exploded and damaged the engine. Metal parts of the oil pump went into the engine. Basically what happened to Illusive but w/ engine damages. Even if I stopped the engine after about 1 km after the oil pressure light came on.

The engine was running fine before and I never had any trouble with it before. The oil level was almost full and it was changed about 2500 miles ago. I'm kindda manic with the maintenance ya know.

It's pretty hard to say it's not caused by the pulley here. Yes, our oil pump seems week. But anyways, stock oil pump + crank pulley seem to have some chances to cause engine damage ..

Fortunately, I got it all replaced under warranty!! (and I have my car back now)

If you guys have more questions, go ahead, I am unfortunatly among the people who had problems with crank pulleys now.

It's weird how some people can run with it w/o any problem tho!! I guess all motors are different .. thus do not have the same balance .. same thing goes for the pulleys ..

However, the HP gains from the pulley seemed great IMO .. just not as reliable as I would have hoped in my case ..
See less See more
They replaced the engine that fast?
crazy2win said:
i figured out what happened......read....... :(


QuickQuote

I was accelerating at about 7k when my rpms stopped to increase drastically (kindda like a cutoff) and I heard a weird noise (explosion of the oil pump??). Oil pressure light came on and I stopped the car about 1-2 km after ..

Here's the result, after only 1 week with the crank pulley, my oil pump exploded and damaged the engine. Metal parts of the oil pump went into the engine. Basically what happened to Illusive but w/ engine damages. Even if I stopped the engine after about 1 km after the oil pressure light came on.

The engine was running fine before and I never had any trouble with it before. The oil level was almost full and it was changed about 2500 miles ago. I'm kindda manic with the maintenance ya know.

It's pretty hard to say it's not caused by the pulley here. Yes, our oil pump seems week. But anyways, stock oil pump + crank pulley seem to have some chances to cause engine damage ..

Fortunately, I got it all replaced under warranty!! (and I have my car back now)

If you guys have more questions, go ahead, I am unfortunatly among the people who had problems with crank pulleys now.

It's weird how some people can run with it w/o any problem tho!! I guess all motors are different .. thus do not have the same balance .. same thing goes for the pulleys ..

However, the HP gains from the pulley seemed great IMO .. just not as reliable as I would have hoped in my case ..
so the total failures now is 8 cars

2 of them in less than one month after crank pulley install.

I dont know how many more failurs must happen before people realize any risk is just not worth it.
Originally posted by Illusive
so the total failures now is 8 cars

2 of them in less than one month after crank pulley install.

I dont know how many more failurs must happen before people realize any risk is just not worth it.
You just don't undertand that its not the pulleys fault man, its the water pump. :chuckles:
Which brand crank pulley is this? (Or is there only one?)
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top