NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just wondering what would make the paint do this. I was washing my car today and notice a bubble in the paint, so like a dumbass, I press it, all of a sudden it spread to a bigger bubble. I need to take it back to the shop and either get my money back so I can have some other shop paint it, or they can at least do the paint job over. Is this due to the fact that they did not use adhesion promoter, or is it just something that happens for urethane kits? I just want to know the facts so that I can tell them and show that it wasnt due to me. Help anyone, what could cause this, by the way it had gotten painted about two weeks ago. I just hope if I do get this spot fixed it doesnt happen to the rest of the kit.:(
Hers the pix
:ugh:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,355 Posts
hawaiianboy said:
Is this due to the fact that they did not use adhesion promoter
Either that, or that area of the bumper was not dry when they sprayed it.

It's definately their fault though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
slidr said:
Either that, or that area of the bumper was not dry when they sprayed it.

It's definately their fault though.
So they will need to fix it right, I wasnt expecting something like this, so I never asked if there was a warranty on it or anything, but then again I dont know if I trust them to fix it now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,355 Posts
hawaiianboy said:
So they will need to fix it right, I wasnt expecting something like this, so I never asked if there was a warranty on it or anything, but then again I dont know if I trust them to fix it now.
Hopefully they will fess up to it.

They may hassle you about it and not want to fix it or they may claim it was their fault and respray it for you. Depends on the shop.


If they give you sh|t about it, ask to speak to the owner and don't back down.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top