NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the non-extended exhaust would interfere any more than the extended exhaust with the Wings West rear?

I know that the rear basically rests right on top of the exhaust (with zero clearance).

Has anyone had a problem with this?

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
I have the TRD extended and it fits perfectly with my WW rear. I would assume that the hot gases from the standard length would melt the valence.

·
Registered
19,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought so too, but I know people with the WW rear valence with stock exhausts, and they don't seem to experience any problems like that (or maybe I've never really noticed any problems).

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Yeah I dont know. I definitely have a little bit of clearance all around on my exhaust, but it fits the WW hole perfectly. I would get the standard extended (if that is what you have) or just get the extended because:

#1 - Why take a chance
#2 - The Extended will look better so the exhaust doesn't disappear.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I'm going to be installing my TRD kit this weekend (if the weather holds up). I still have the stock exhaust and am wondering if I need to get it extended RIGHT AWAY...the reason I ask, is cuz a friend of mine had bought her Celi with the TRD kit, so she had stock exhaust on it for a while and it didn't damage the valence. Also, if it were to damage the valence, why would Toyota sell it with the kit installed but with stock length exhaust?

Usman

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Usman I'm gonna install my kit this weekend (mechanical...same as action package i got imported) and I was told the standard length is fine even with the valence. They sell them that way from the factory...looks kinda funny...but its fine because I beleive the exhaust is far enough under the car that there is no problem...I'm not gonna bother with it, my dealer said its fine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi,

I can tell you for a fact that the stock exhaust will melt the WW rear valence. I had mine for only 2 days before extending it and you can feel the paint near the exhaust bubble up.

I would risk it. Besides, extending it only cost $15 at Midas.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I doubt there's a difference between the urethane used to make the WW valence and the TRD valence. I've seen many stock Celi's with the action package still running stock exhaust. If this is the case, why wouldn't Toyota extend the exhausts on their action package Celica's?

Usman

·
Registered
90 Posts
hmm....ive had my wings west rear valence on since august with a trd standard exhaust..and havent had any problems. i dont know if i should extend it or what, but so far...nothin has gone wrong.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
I have that combination {TRD standard exh. with WW rear balance} and the exhaust is perfect there..they don't melt the balance in any way....other thing is that the TRD rear balance is a little bit more big than the WW and the TRD standard will look bad and probably melt the balance, with the WW that doesn't happen.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
InjenCelicaGT said:
I have that combination {TRD standard exh. with WW rear balance} and the exhaust is perfect there..they don't melt the balance in any way....other thing is that the TRD rear balance is a little bit more big than the WW and the TRD standard will look bad and probably melt the balance, with the WW that doesn't happen.
I'm sorry but you should ask before concluding that TRD will melt or look bad with the standard. I have this combination of standard length TRD and the TRD kit and I have no problems. The exhaust fits perfectly in the hole with even spacing all around. It actually fits just under the whole, so it doesn't look that bad. The extended I believe is only like 1 inch longer or something. I have absolutely no problems and I love it.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Anyone have pics? I have the standard exhaust and this spring my WW kit gets put on. I was originally going to bring it to a muffler shop to extend it but I would also like to see how it looks.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
yea i got the TRD rear with standard exhaust and NO PROBS AT ALL!....i tried to get the exhuast extended but Midas told me they couldnt do it becuase they didnt have a TIG welder, it woulve ,melted the chrome on the end of the pipe when they clamped it, so i said **** it and let ir alone and i have no probs at all, and actally looks GREAT, thing is, the extended sometimes looks alittle gay imo beucase it DOES stick out pretty far on some kits, i like the shaved look anyway, plus u can still see it anyway. peace

1 - 16 of 16 Posts