NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
but I like how they make up the Japanese price, even though it is not made by any Japanese Company.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
y would this bar be useless... wouldnt it strengthen up the trunk area... similar to what the c-one or brash boy trunk braces do. it uses the same mounting points. the trunk twists alot as ive noticed while driving and goin over uneven surfaces.

another good question is y would a 3 rear point strut bar help with anythin when there is already a cross member there already. my bro has one on his GSR and says he didnt notice a thing with it in or with out and he autoX his car. Im really thinking its the plesobo effect....
-minh

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
If the bars were welded together, and maybe linked together on the sides, it could help, but as separate pieces, they'll just move around with the trunk flex, not stop it.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Originally posted by guyver858

another good question is y would a 3 rear point strut bar help with anythin when there is already a cross member there already. my bro has one on his GSR and says he didnt notice a thing with it in or with out and he autoX his car. Im really thinking its the plesobo effect....
-minh
there is no crossmember there in our cars. That is what the three piece bar does as it provides support between the two rear strut towers.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
actually there is.. what else do u call the 3 inch high metal thing that runs from one rear strut to the other?
-minh

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by guyver858
actually there is.. what else do u call the 3 inch high metal thing that runs from one rear strut to the other?
-minh
:werd:
There's also a thick black bar under that same area used as a crossmember to attach the lower rear suspension to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts