Registered
4,466 Posts
Nice work!

·
is NSFW
6,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #836
The donor car was such trash lol

Two owners prior, the car went to a shop for work and the guy left town and never came back.
The shop gained the title after having the car sit for 5 years thru a mechanics lien and was sold to an employee who then wanted wanted a bike, ended up selling to me and talking him down to $1,600.

With that the interior was moldy after sitting for 5 years, A/C lines were hacked off because racecar, Cat was cut out as well as the o2 sensor (welded up front portion and auto zone clamped after the cat SMH), 1 bolt holding the sub frame, hand tightened axle bolts, CAI was cheap and the filter was rock solid and rusted, Tension bolt for the belt tensioner assembly had broken off and not to mention the rust which is why all the bolts for the rear disc assembly were not salvageable.

The photos of the car on the tow truck was to get new piping done for the exhaust, i absolutely did not want that hack job on the new car lol.

·
Work Done, Sexy Time.
2,835 Posts
The donor car was such trash lol

Two owners prior, the car went to a shop for work and the guy left town and never came back.
The shop gained the title after having the car sit for 5 years thru a mechanics lien and was sold to an employee who then wanted wanted a bike, ended up selling to me and talking him down to $1,600.

With that the interior was moldy after sitting for 5 years, A/C lines were hacked off because racecar, Cat was cut out as well as the o2 sensor (welded up front portion and auto zone clamped after the cat SMH), 1 bolt holding the sub frame, hand tightened axle bolts, CAI was cheap and the filter was rock solid and rusted, Tension bolt for the belt tensioner assembly had broken off and not to mention the rust which is why all the bolts for the rear disc assembly were not salvageable.

The photos of the car on the tow truck was to get new piping done for the exhaust, i absolutely did not want that hack job on the new car lol.
Appreciate the info, always liked your Celica. Welcome to the swap club, fun isn't it? When you get those rear brakes you'll officially be in the GT-S the hard way club.

821 - 840 of 841 Posts