NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new Sport Compact Car has that XS Engineering turbo kit listed in it, it also says that they are developing a stage 2 kit. So I gave them a call and they confirmed that they are doing a stage 2 kit. They said it will have a thicker head gasket for the engine, more boost, and maybe a tranny upgrade. They said the kit is about a year away from resale.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Anything about internals? I mean if the head gasket it getting replaced with a thicker one, that would lower compression somewhat...but what about stronger rods and some forged pistons? :D

Like I'll ever be able to afford their stage one kit :(...

Usman

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
uansari said:
Anything about internals? I mean if the head gasket it getting replaced with a thicker one, that would lower compression somewhat...but what about stronger rods and some forged pistons? :D

Like I'll ever be able to afford their stage one kit :(...

Usman
What I said here was all that they said they could tell me. They said a thicker head gasket to lower compression so they could boost more, but didn't say anything about internals.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
If you check out a recent issue of Super Street (the one with the $500,000 blue Civic Si showcar on the cover), you'll see an article about a Velox Wheels-sponsored MR-2 Spyder running a turbocharged 2zz with strengthened internals. XS Engineering is one of the companies involved with this build-up, so they're starting to get some good info about what the 2zz is capable of when internally modified. Can anyone scan that article in? I read the issue at a bookstore, but I don't have a copy of it at home to scan. Or you can contact XS directly for more info about the Velox MR2 project.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Stage 2? That's great but Jesus Christ...when can we even get our hands on the Stage 1? With talk of the 7th gen Celi being replaced with a new model in 2005...these companies better get crizzi-lackin.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
hay don't get me wrong regarding my previous post, I would love to have them make these parts for GT-S (though I have GT). But been promised too many things regarding turbo stuff but it took forever to deliver... I am sure it will come out eventually but having it come out quick like they just said.... I will believe it when I see it.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
yeah i saw that article, thats a crazy setup, but heres the idea i had. 1st get the xs turbo kit and all the upgrades u need for the tranny. 2nd buy these parts from eip:
EIP forged turbo piston set $799.00
EIP 4340 chromemoly rod set $799.00
EIP copper head gasket $149.95
i dont know how good that will lower the comp on the 2zzge but it should do something right. maybe be able to boost a little higher? how much whp is the xs kit good for. i know it has a internal wastegate wich is not good for high hp gains. anyways. what u guys say?

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
7THSIGN said:
yeah i saw that article, thats a crazy setup, but heres the idea i had. 1st get the xs turbo kit and all the upgrades u need for the tranny. 2nd buy these parts from eip:
EIP forged turbo piston set $799.00
EIP 4340 chromemoly rod set $799.00
EIP copper head gasket $149.95
i dont know how good that will lower the comp on the 2zzge but it should do something right. maybe be able to boost a little higher? how much whp is the xs kit good for. i know it has a internal wastegate wich is not good for high hp gains. anyways. what u guys say?
You might wanna go with Wiseco or JE Pistons and Crower rods. These would be less expensive (if I'm not mistaken) and are from companies with solid reputations for quality and performance. The current XS kit is good for about 315-320 HP to the wheels if the engine is built up. Who knows how insane the HP levels from Stage II will be.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Keep in mind the 400+ horsepower Celica that still ran 13s. If you don't convert to RWD anything over 300 HP is completely pointless.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
yeah very true. there are street driven hondas that run 10s lol ahhaha. hey Keyshawn i was told that Crower dosnt make rods for the 2zzge? but i guess they do. and i didnt know that je makes pistons for our cars. both real good companys!

·
Registered
3 Posts
-=BrocK=- said:
Stage 2? That's great but Jesus Christ...when can we even get our hands on the Stage 1? With talk of the 7th gen Celi being replaced with a new model in 2005...these companies better get crizzi-lackin.

What's this talk about replacing the 7th gen celica? where's this coming from?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.