NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First I gotta give thanks to Keyshawn who made it possible and for his contributions!

Alrite, I spoke to XS about their kit and availablity. They are offering the first batch to the first 5 lucky people who can go get it installed at their shop. Basically here's what you get:

Walbro Fuel Pump, forced induction 255lr/hr ($125)
Denso 525 CC Injectors ($400)
K/N Filter ($100)
Titanium Color Turbo & Intercooler Piping ($600)
Tubular exhaust manifold with High-temp ceramic coating ($500)
XS Power IC Skyline GT-R intercooler core ($1200)
IHI Ball Bearing turbocharger ($1700)
Apexi Twin chamber BOV ($200)
Apexi Power FC (commander is optional) ($1200)
Earl's turbocharger plumbing ($200)
All silicone hoses, transistions, and couplings ($200)

------------------------
$4995 ($6425 if parts are brought seperately in the street)

Installation, and fine tuning (3+ dyno runs), etc.
------------------------
$500

We need you guys to be the first to get the kit, so XS can better fine tune the production kit ready in approximately 3-4 months. What you are getting is a high quality pre-production kit, and XS's expertise to fine tune it. I wish I live closer to Cali, or I'll be the next. They refuse to sell me to me as a kit because of the tuning involved. So guys, this is a great deal and if you wait, it will be at least 3-4 months before the initial release. I was told that there's already 20+ on the waiting list.

If you're interested, please call Reggie at (714) 698-8300, and you can tell him that John Huang told you about this so you can get into this deal.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Rumor Control

IMMEDIATELY upon reading the above post, I called down to XS and spoke to Reggie. These first 5 or so cars he's looking to do are in-house installs...to make sure all the pipes are bent correctly, tuning is done correctly, etc...before it gets shipped out to people across the country...in other words...XS is doing Quality Assurance on the product, which is great to hear! The way I read the above post was that they'd only do inhouse...so..just clearing things up :)

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, thanks for clearing it up. If you re-read my post, I did say you have to install it at their shop because they needed to fine tune the kits ready for production.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Thanks again for the props, nyoneway. Great work, guys! Like I always say, it's good to get info straight from the source. XS Engineering, along with Blitz, D. Draper, and a few other select companies have invested a lot of time, effort, and money in the Celica community when most other companies ignored us. As always, big ups to all those guys.

Now the question is: Who's joining me?:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Keyshawn said:
Thanks again for the props, nyoneway. Great work, guys! Like I always say, it's good to get info straight from the source. XS Engineering, along with Blitz, D. Draper, and a few other select companies have invested a lot of time, effort, and money in the Celica community when most other companies ignored us. As always, big ups to all those guys.

Now the question is: Who's joining me?:thumbup:
Well Key I'm a member of the club already:wiggle: My shop called me today and gave me bad news, somebody who stopped in saw my car and offered them $29K!!!!!!! I don't want to sell the car but I can't pass this by:( I said I wasn't going to mod the ZO6 BUT I decided to join the 500 club. Vortex supercharger 525 RWHP and 540 torque:naughty: :bowdown: :headbang: Being now that I'm going S/C can I still belong to the club?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
nyoneway said:
29k?? Congrats Jay, don't pass the offer up! Mod the Z06 =)
Yea $29K too good to pass up! I'm still out a fist full of cash if you look at all my mods. The F/I was not a kit so that set me back a pretty penny. I'm gonna mod the Vette, just the motor with F/I and new rubber.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
kick ass

i might just get it done how long does it take, if they want to do the ultimate relabilty test my car has 97K on it so its risky business. what do all think? Are the first 5 spots taken yet? Do u think i could swap the K&N filter for the Apex one i hear they are better?

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Jersey Jay said:
Well Key I'm a member of the club already:wiggle: My shop called me today and gave me bad news, somebody who stopped in saw my car and offered them $29K!!!!!!! I don't want to sell the car but I can't pass this by:( I said I wasn't going to mod the ZO6 BUT I decided to join the 500 club. Vortex supercharger 525 RWHP and 540 torque:naughty: :bowdown: :headbang: Being now that I'm going S/C can I still belong to the club?
Sounds awesome! Enjoy your Z06! It's gonna be even more of a badass when you're done modding it. Does that mean that you are no longer dynoing your Celi? As far as still being part of the club, hehe, with 525 HP, you can be a part of whatever club you want. Have fun, man!

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
its very nice to see posts like....:thumbup:

i hope quite a few celica owners buy this kit....becuase most them complaint about not having any FI....but when its time to purchase they dissapear...:)

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jersey Jay said:
Yea $29K too good to pass up! I'm still out a fist full of cash if you look at all my mods. The F/I was not a kit so that set me back a pretty penny. I'm gonna mod the Vette, just the motor with F/I and new rubber.
And save 2-3k and come race with me at Lime Rock and attend Skip Barber racing school. They will make you a faster driver instead just having a faster car. Otherwise you are going to run into a this dumbass Celica one day that will suprise the hell out of you. It's all about the skillz....

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
do u think the production kit will be less then the preproduction, after install and tuning of course? cause that seems like a break on the install and tuning from the above quote?

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Re: kick ass

Korben007 said:
i might just get it done how long does it take, if they want to do the ultimate relabilty test my car has 97K on it so its risky business. what do all think? Are the first 5 spots taken yet? Do u think i could swap the K&N filter for the Apex one i hear they are better?
Just do a compression test. It's easy and inexpensive to do one. Call them and inquire, there are still room for more.

No the production kit won't cost any less. They are pretty firm about their prices, and right now its a bargain. If you add up all just the cost of the individual parts itself you can buy on the net, the kit is still $1000 cheaper. Remember all their 2+ years of R&D into this kit, you get more than what you paid for.

Anyone who went custom (ie. Jersey Jay, Mike, EIP etc) can tell you that to do it right, you going to spend almost 10k and countless hours tuning and getting it right.

Right now this is by far the most extensively researched and complete kit on the market. It does'nt get any better than this. Blitz maybe able to slightly top it in the reliabilty department, but they will not come near XS on power delivery. Blitz will sell for $6000, not installed.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
coOOlcelica said:
its very nice to see posts like....:thumbup:

i hope quite a few celica owners buy this kit....becuase most them complaint about not having any FI....but when its time to purchase they dissapear...:)
:werd: It'll be interesting to see how the Celica community responds to this great opportunity.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Keyshawn said:

Sounds awesome! Enjoy your Z06! It's gonna be even more of a badass when you're done modding it. Does that mean that you are no longer dynoing your Celi? As far as still being part of the club, hehe, with 525 HP, you can be a part of whatever club you want. Have fun, man!
:thumbup: Thanks Key and you enjoy your F/I like I've said to you in the past. I'm a man of my word and I will post the dynos.

·
Banned
751 Posts
XS called me to about being one of the 5..then after i called them back they realized that im in hawaii. Sometimes living in paradise SUCKS!!!! But I am damn sure that i am in on the first run of the kits thou. I have been waiting and waiting since the ALT celica was completed...I have called XS so many times that i am known by just about everyone there. All i have to do now is get my LSD, and a few other parts installed so i can break them in a little before the production starts. I noticed that the start up time was 3-4 months...i was told 3 weeks at the latest for the kits to start being delivered to those that already pre-ordered.

I am all over this kit like a fat kid on a cupcake..2/1 YEARS i have been waiting and now it is weeks away.

IMPORTANT INFO: If you order this kit you have to specify if you are running a Cat or not!!! XS has 2 diff programs for the PowerFC.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I am very interested in joining. Just gotta gimme some time so I can c how much student loans I can get. How many spots are left????

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
i would get in on this if i had money but not right now.
i would drive to cali and have them put this in.
why did they choose to have the piping titanium instead of the chrome they had on the original car?
the fmic was all chromed out it was sick....

1 - 20 of 97 Posts