NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look in the FI forum for about 3 threads. Posted this because the FI forum has been dead for a while and wanted to get the word out.

Im at work now soo i cant post a link .

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
It's not like many people are going to buy it anyways. It seems most people on this board are all talk but when it comes down to it, they don't go through with it.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sad but yes i noticed that too

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
WillyK said:
It's not like many people are going to buy it anyways. It seems most people on this board are all talk but when it comes down to it, they don't go through with it.
:stupid:

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
I bet there is more people will actually buy this that said they will buy it than people claiming they will get a custom turbo done would go through with what they promised...

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
cool2miketlu said:
I bet there is more people will actually buy this that said they will buy it than people claiming they will get a custom turbo done would go through with what they promised...
:stupid:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
180HPisGREAT! said:
It is tough to justify $5000 just to make your car as fast as a Z28.
The Z-28 is easier to mod but you can't touch them right now as they are gone. $5K:rofl: :chuckles: it's going to run you more by the time it's all said and done.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
WillyK said:
I see your point. The release of this kit will expose whether or not the Celica community is really "looks first, performance last," like many others believe (aftermarket companies, other car enthusiasts, etc.). I for one would be very disappointed if Celica enthusiasts turned out to be all show, no go like those dumb-ass "Looks Fast" Toyota commercials portrayed us to be.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
i have always looked into it and have wanted to get some sort of forced induction, preferably the XSEngineering Turbo kit. one of these days i WILL have either that kit, or something else, but as of right now with my current list of stuff it is at least a good 1-2 years out of the picture.......

(if you want, you CAN quote me on this and i WILL have forced induction by summer of 2005)

i guess as of right now i do fall into the catagory of "SHOW ....no GO" since well..... you know if you've been following what i've been doing over in the appearance forum

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
180HPisGREAT! said:
It is tough to justify $5000 just to make your car as fast as a Z28.
your saying the Z28 traps in the 110+ range.
im pretty sure thats what this kit will make celica's do.
it capable of 12's

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
X-EVIL-X said:
your saying the Z28 traps in the 110+ range.
im pretty sure thats what this kit will make celica's do.
it capable of 12's
i doubt traps as high as 110, thats into the 11's, but I don't doubt some 12's....

I trapped really hight on low 14's high 13's(as high a 106 with a 13.8) because of lots of wheel spin which for some reason causes a high MPH.... but if I had hooked I would have dropped that 13.8 to a low low 13 with a similar mph.

Carmaros (at there absolute best) will rip a [email protected] give or take on the MPH because im not 100% sure.....Ive personally never seen one stock 6pseed LS1 carmaro go 12's but i have seen 13.1's pretty consistantly on a 01 carmaro SS last time at speed world....

·
Registered
334 Posts
Sad but true, most memeber are all talk. But people who dont talk gets it done.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Money talks, Bullsh!t walks, In my personal opinion a lot people on the board are very flaky as well as some vendors.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
iDRIVE said:
Sad but true, most memeber are all talk. But people who dont talk gets it done.
With great performance products like XS's turbo kit, Blitz's SC, D. Draper's turbo kit, and (for the n/a guys) Trial's header either coming out real soon or already out, I guess it'll soon be very clear who is all talk and who is not when it comes to performance.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts