NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a ticket last night in Parkland. I was leaving my friends house and not even a minute after i get out the complex i see the blue and red strobes come on. This would be my first ticket so i didnt know what to expect. He comes to my window and asks for the usual then goes back to his car. He told me what the offense was after the ticket was written up, leaving me no time to get out of the ticket or to talk about it. It was a 45 in a 30 area he said he'd knock it down to 44. I am under the impression taht its a crooked cop. I did ask to see the radar and he was like you dont need to see that. I guess ill just take the online class and pay the citation and clear my points. There goes the money for my powder coating,... could someone please call the waaaamblulance for me :wtc:

·
Registered
346 Posts

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Just hire a lawyer for $45 and have it dismissed. :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
:applaud:

Maybe he'll get you a faster car so you can out run the cop this time. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
a g35.. puke! i duno why everyone likes them, i guess no one likes escalades anymore.

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
CeliKill180 said:
lets see pay the ticket or buy dereks mr2??
with the money left over you could buy dinner too

·
Registered
119 Posts
aaah, this is a good time to mention that i got arrested in a G35... speeding ... 120 in a 70... those things have touchy gas pedals, and you'll find yourself doing 100+ really easy... you can outrun crown vics... but that ******* got my plates... , i was far from home with farther to go, so i didnt... he said he paced me , when he was playing catchup the entire time... i slowed down on my own, and he almost rear ended me when he finally caught up... anyway, thats in the past... the irony in all this, is that i have not gotten any tickets in my 3sgte celica. but i get arrested in a G35 sedan.

Mina

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
damn, that sucks. welp at least its your first time. just take the class, or take it to court. either way your insureance shouldnt go up, and if you take it to court, the judge is usually pretty easy about 1st times. good luck, and watch the speed! ;)

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
first time, just go to court and they will dismiss it.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Yea....hire a lawyer for 50 bucks. It's so easy to get even the worst tickets dismissed in So. Fla. hmm...14 over....so that's what, about a $130 ticket? On top of the class which at it's lowest price is about $25 after taxes. :( Sorry hun. Definitely get a lawyer though. Don't waste your money on something that can be taken care of easily!!!

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
alright so i went to this one office on hillsborogh blvd. he charges $89. His slogan is "the traffic ticket guy got me off"

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
most places will guarantee no points and no class

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
if thats true then $89 is a good price

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Was this ticket in Broward or Palm Beach?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts