NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For not having front plates on, even though i put them like this?

·
Registered
8,908 Posts
Actually, you may get pulled, but I dont believe that that is illegal.

I will check the legality of it tommorrow at work.

·
Registered
220 Posts
My wife just got a $50 ticket in DC for no VA front plate (yes, they can do that based on an obscure law that I SWEAR is not legal, but that is another issue). It is NOT always a warning.

On a more on-topic note, did you bend the plate to do that? How is it mounted? How is it attatched? Did you have to cut the mesh?

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
phenryiv1 said:
My wife just got a $50 ticket in DC for no VA front plate (yes, they can do that based on an obscure law that I SWEAR is not legal, but that is another issue). It is NOT always a warning.

On a more on-topic note, did you bend the plate to do that? How is it mounted? How is it attatched? Did you have to cut the mesh?
I got one of those too.......a while ago

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
I mounted my plate like that about a month ago, and have had no problems with cops yet. (knock on wood.)

to do it, I just bent the top and bottom of my plate, and used the stock nuts & bolts.

for a picture, scroll down a little bit. :D

·
Registered
8,908 Posts
phenryiv1 said:

Hey man, if you tell what the DC code number for the violation is (it should be on the ticket) I can see if it's legit.

·
Registered
179 Posts
if you catch a cop on a bad day, he'll ticket you for having a nice car, doesn't matter how legal it is or not. and i thought bending the plate was illegal

·
Registered
220 Posts
ringthree said:

Hey man, if you tell what the DC code number for the violation is (it should be on the ticket) I can see if it's legit.
I actually called the issuing officer and got the code section. It was legit, but I think that there could be a challenge to the constitutionality of the law itself under seperation of powers. That is another story.

Anyway, after talking to the cop, he was really cool and agreed to drop the tickets if I promised not to bemad @ my wife for getting them, and if I promised to take her out to dinner with part of the $200 that we saved. (she got more than 1 ticket)

·
Registered
12,703 Posts
He dropped the tickets because you promised not to be mad at your wife? :wtf:
What does "A" have anything to do with "B" there?

·
Registered
8,908 Posts
phenryiv1 said:

I actually called the issuing officer and got the code section. It was legit, but I think that there could be a challenge to the constitutionality of the law itself under seperation of powers. That is another story.
Actually my random non-constitutional scholar guess would be it would under interstate commerce or full faith and credit. Probably full faith and credit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts