NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a quote from Geico and the cheapest I can get my insurance to be when i get my license is 2400!!!!

Any ideas on who is cheapest?
2400$ is gonna be tough to afford!

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Mistrimeat
Geico is terrible. They dropped me after only 1 "not at fault" claim.
sheesh.

Originally posted by DelltaDMX
Just got a quote from Geico and the cheapest I can get my insurance to be when i get my license is 2400!!!!

Any ideas on who is cheapest?
2400$ is gonna be tough to afford!
per 6 or 12?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
12 months..

but still geeesh.... i can only make so much $ with school going on...

:(
This is after the discounts of driving with an instructor, taking a driving ed course, and i believe qualifying for the good student course..(yes i get all A's :)

Any cheaper company?

·
Registered
600 Posts
:gay:

Take off your coverage for your car for at fault accidents. I think it is the comprehensive. As long as you are not at fault, your car is covered. If you hit someone they are covered, just not your car. My insurance dropped from $2000 a year to $1000. BUT DOING THIS IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART!!!

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
12 months..

but still geeesh.... i can only make so much $ with school going on...

:(
This is after the discounts of driving with an instructor, taking a driving ed course, and i believe qualifying for the good student course..(yes i get all A's :)

Any cheaper company?

12 months is not bad.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my buddys at school has theires for 1000-1500, but then they have 96 Grand Ams and Accords :wiggle:

·
Registered
346 Posts
mine is $170/month with full coverage. That is pretty good. I wouldnt complain. Is yours full coverage? If I had gotten an '02 Ram like I wanted it would have been $320/month.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
my buddys at school has theires for 1000-1500, but then they have 96 Grand Ams and Accords :wiggle:
Celica is the 3rd highest car to insure according to recent studies.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Originally posted by NoRulzAt140 Mph
Celica is the 3rd highest car to insure according to recent studies.
People seem to drive them like they don't care about em.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Really the 3rd???? Wow

And yea thats for full coverage.... maybe it isn't so baad?

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Really the 3rd???? Wow

And yea thats for full coverage.... maybe it isn't so baad?

Whats your deductible?

Originally posted by POISONLOTUS
People seem to drive them like they don't care about em.
They dont.

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
They must not like you....I've had them for 8 years now, and in the past 3, I've had three "over $1K" not at fault claims (last one being my wife's car at $3500 damage) and I've not been dropped. I've only had 1 bad experience with them when they said they couldn't cover my Celica because of "excessive" modifications, but I still kept my wife's car with them.

$1500/year, full coverage, $500 ded.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by XYRCNCP
They must not like you....I've had them for 8 years now, and in the past 3, I've had three "over $1K" not at fault claims (last one being my wife's car at $3500 damage) and I've not been dropped. I've only had 1 bad experience with them when they said they couldn't cover my Celica because of "excessive" modifications, but I still kept my wife's car with them.

$1500/year, full coverage, $500 ded.
at 1500 a Yr, Wouldnt it be worth the extra 15-20 bux a month on the payment for a 100 Dollar Deductible?

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
It's not $15-20 extra/mo for a $500 ded for me...more like $60-75 last time I checked, even with my discount. Since you brought it up, I'll give them a call later on.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by XYRCNCP
It's not $15-20 extra/mo for a $500 ded for me...more like $60-75 last time I checked, even with my discount. Since you brought it up, I'll give them a call later on.
:thumbup:

I am just saying , since for me it went from 200 to 218 today.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Geico blows. You should try Progressive; they will give you competitor's rates along with theirs. Word of warning, however: the rates of the competitors don't always represent what they will really charge you.

As for Geico sucking, they were the ONLY insurance company that raised my quote after reviewing my credit.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by JohnnyWash1
Geico blows. You should try Progressive; they will give you competitor's rates along with theirs. Word of warning, however: the rates of the competitors don't always represent what they will really charge you.

As for Geico sucking, they were the ONLY insurance company that raised my quote after reviewing my credit.
I never understood why bad credit gave you HIGHER interest rates/payments.

Wouldnt unaffordable payments be the reason for bad credit???:gap:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts