NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was helping a friend move to a new apartment. I jumped in the Uhaul and this girl that owned a Z3 drove my car (quite a gut wrenching decision, but she is a hottie that drives stick). After driving my Celica she offered to trade her Z3 for it. She said the car felt so much more stable and handled better. She did ask why I didnt get the 6-speed (which i still regret). Have any of you guys driven a Z3? Should I talk her about the trade? BTW: the Z3 is stick but i'm not sure which engine it has.

·
Registered
281 Posts
hmmm rwd is always tempting, as long as its a 2.3 liter or above and stick you will be happy with it, the 2.3 sticks right with the gt-s accelration wise... at least from the extensive testing me and a friend did, both running close to bald tires. I think the celica is a much more practicle car tho, and i would never get a 2 seater as a daily driver. Whatever you choose tho neither is a bad car, especially if you get one with like the 2.8 or bigger engine.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Was she really serious about trading the car in straight up with no money? Sounds kind of silly, stupid, and unrealistic to me when the price of the Z3 is about 2X that of a GT-S. I don't think any person is dumb enough to actually go through with such a trade. I mean she could just sell her car and buy 2 used GT-S's instead of 1.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Couple of thoughts...

The Z3 is a really fun car to drive no matter what engine it has in it. I've driven one with the 4 banger and I've driven a 2001 with the new M engine. Both were a lot of fun. Very near the fun of a Miata but with a nicer interior.

Things to think about, a Z3 could be as old as a '96, even if they started out in the $30,000 range for a base model an extra 2 or 3 years of depreciation brings it's value right down to equal the Celica.

No mods???? You must never have looked at what is available for BMWs. There are probably more body kits available for the Z3 than there are for the Celica, and I'm sure there are more suspension options, brake options, engine options(cams, intakes, exhausts), and for dang sure forced induction options since you can get a supercharger or a turbocharger for each of the engines the car ever came with.

The only argument against that makes any sense is practicality. Can't put a snowboard or skis or two unlucky friends in the back of a Z3.

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
CelicaGTS6906 said:
The only thing I would have to think about would be modding. Not much to do with the Z3 if you're into that stuff. :thumbdown:
you have no idea what you are talking about. There are so many Intake, chip, exhaust combinations it's ridiculouse. That's not getting into larger cams, engine swaps, totally reworking suspensions, etc. In terms of a european aftermarket, bmw = honda.

So the correct answer probably should be: "The only thing I would have to think about would be modding. Not much to do with the Celica if you're into that stuff. :thumbdown:"

·
Registered
65 Posts
dfess1 said:

you have no idea what you are talking about. There are so many Intake, chip, exhaust combinations it's ridiculouse. That's not getting into larger cams, engine swaps, totally reworking suspensions, etc. In terms of a european aftermarket, bmw = honda.

So the correct answer probably should be: "The only thing I would have to think about would be modding. Not much to do with the Celica if you're into that stuff. :thumbdown:"
I would have to agree wit dfess1...many options for the Z3. I have a wish list that way too long:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts